Monday, April 20, 2015

Help Make Tails Wag

My chance started at the Idaho Humane Society  

Last week I overheard my mom talking about the Idaho Humane Society’s Designed to Be Kind Campaign to support their new facility and asked if I could share my own story.  My mom and dad adopted both me and my younger brother, Tucker from the Idaho Humane Society and they have given us a life full of fun, love and adventure. 

Charlie Quintana

Prior to finding a loving home, however, my tail didn't wag as often as it should have.
 I often forgot how things used to be and thought about all the homes I entered that decided not to keep me or the times that I needed care due to neglect and abuse. For the first year and a half of my life, I didn't even know what kindness was.  But that all changed as soon as I set my first paw in the Idaho Humane Society.

As a dog, I’m wired to love life and everything in it.  There are so many things to eat, sniff, bark at and chase.  Because of the caring staff of the Idaho Humane Society and volunteers, I am able to enjoy all of these things and more.  

Today, my life is filled with kindness.  I get to go on long walks, hikes in the foothills and swim in the river, chase the Frisbee in the park, and snuggle for hours with my loving family.  I have learned to sit, shake, lie down and other simple acts that sometimes excite my parents enough to give me treats.  Now my tail wags often!


The Quintana Boys
You can help other abandoned and abused animals like me to find home and receive the care they need. You can help make a difference for the over 13,000 animals the Idaho Humane Society serves each year. The new facility will provide a great environment for the animals, offer an expanded Veterinary Medical Center and even a public dog park!

So on behalf of my brother Trucker and all my furry friends, I hope you consider helping the Idaho Humane Society expand and improve their facilities to bring more kindness to thousands of animals.  We need you.  Please give today - and help make more tails wag! 

Sincerely,

Charlie "Bear" Quintana
Fur-kid of Christine and Ben Quintana



Christine and Ben Quintana with their pups Tuck and Charlie

To donate to the Designed to Be Kind Capital Campaign please click here.  Please remember that a gift of any size will help make more tails wag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment